Here are some unique tips and tricks to staging your home interior before holding an open house because one of the most important aspects of selling a home is staging it and holding an open house.
We all know how important it is to declutter, but there is much more to it than that! :
- Fake height with low furniture. Want your ceilings to look taller and your room larger? Start with some low furniture, which creates strong verticals and avoids the horizontal.
- Give window trims a splash of color. Window trim is an often-overlooked opportunity to make a statement. However, be sure that this is a pretty neutral color that any audience can enjoy.
- Warm your room up with mirror. Mirrors help make homes feel more “homey”. They can be very elegant and warming.
- Amplify your neutral with texture. Matte sheens can help absorb light, which you may want to use in the bedrooms. There are also lustrous sheens that do the opposite and reflect the light, which would be great for a sunporch!
- Look to your ceiling to brighten things up! Kitchens with floor-to-ceiling cabinets can look dark, but there a trick to fool the eye! You can paint your ceiling a slightly paler
version of the walls, so that the kitchen will seem brighter. This is the case even if the kitchen has only a couple windows.
- Pile on the pillows for extra luxe. You can use pairs together to make a piece of furniture really stand out!
These are just a couple of home interior tips that the pros swear by! Now be unique and dress up your home for an open house!