Making the decision to put your house on the market can be both exciting and scary. I’m sure a lot of you are thinking, I don’t even know where to start. Selling a house can be scary especially with the current state of our economy. Don’t be afraid though, as I have put together a list of 6 tips to get the best of your decision.
- This is probably one of the most important factors, understand your market! Ask questions and do your research. Look at the numbers and make comparisons. Also, understand that market prices change based on the seasons. You need the be sure that you are putting your property up for sale at the right time when you’ll receive the highest gain. Figuring out which season is best to sell in will require research based on your area and market.
- Another reason you need to understand your market is because you need to aim for a reasonable price. Deciding on a price could make or break the chances of selling your property. First, you need to find out the exact value of your house. Once you have this figured out, you’ll need to compare that value with the current market to similar properties in the same area.
- First impressions count! You will never have the chance to recreate a first impression. Your chance of attracting potential buyers start from how your house looks from the outside. An attractive house is what will motivate the potential buyer to want to have a look at the inside. Some helpful tips when selling a house: add a fresh coat of paint to the outside, mow the lawn, trim the bushes, add some plants or flowers, etc.
- You should always make necessary fixes. For example: leaky faucets, squeaking doors, chipped paint, holes in the walls, etc. Since you want to sell your home, you need to be sure that it is in great condition and that everything is working as it should be.
- You need to declutter the interior of your home before you start showing it. Take family photo’s off the wall, remove any knick knacks you have lying around, be sure everything is picked up and put in its place. I also recommend that you remove any personal items, you want your potential buyer to envision themselves living there.
- Once you’ve made all of your necessary fixes and changes, it’s time to market your home! You can hire a realtor to represent you and be at your best interests when it comes to selling your home. However, you can also sell your home on your own. Get creative in marketing, one of my biggest tips here is to create a video! People are more likely to read/listen to something if there are visuals involved.
Please check out our blog more often to get tips about selling a house.